Welcome to H & N Custom Homes
H & N Custom Homes is an award winning company with over 25 years’ of remodeling experience. We create stunning residential and commercial makeovers in Barrington. Whether it’s a beautiful new kitchen, bathroom, a whole house makeover or a second story addition, we’ve done it and we can do it for you. The H & N Custom Homes Team is here to make your dream home a reality!
Quality Design and Remodeling: What to Expect From Our Process
H & N Custom Homes is an award-winning remodeling company with over 25 years of industry experience. Whether it’s a new bathroom, kitchen, whole house makeover, or a garage addition, we deliver stunning designs specifically suited to your residential and commercial property’s needs. We are here to make your dream building an architectural reality! Here’s what to expect from our process:
We meet with you at your home to discuss your needs, your wants, your wish list, general feasibility, possible solutions, your design ideas, and your budget for the next project.
Our Design Services Agreement (DSA) will enable us to give you an accurate construction budget for your project. During the DSA process, we will establish the specific scope of work while performing the following:
• Measuring and documenting in order to develop the necessary as-built drawings indicating the existing conditions.
• Researching regulatory and legal requirements that will guide the project design and scope of work.
• Developing and refining schematic floor plans and elevation drawings. This step often includes choosing between multiple design solutions.
• Evaluating existing air conditioning, plumbing, electrical and structural systems to help identify a specific design solution while continuing to address function.
• Working directly with our Interior Decorator and Interior Designer during the selection process. This process may include designing/selecting custom cabinetry, countertops, plumbing fixtures, floor finishes, wall tile, paint colors, etc. We will work with you on both design theme and color palette while keeping your construction budget in mind.
• Reviewing and revising the scope of work, selections, and schematic drawings as necessary.
• Developing a fixed price construction agreement with detailed specifications and schematic drawings with NO ALLOWANCES to determine the final cost of your project before proceeding into construction.
• Building a preliminary project schedule in Microsoft Project that can easily be modified.
Once you have approved the Construction Agreement, we will begin our Pre-Construction Services. The cost of these services are included in the Construction Agreement and involve developing construction drawings to apply for a permit, submitting a complete permit application to the appropriate municipality, meeting with field personnel and trade partners to plan how the construction will be executed, and developing a final construction schedule.
We will schedule an on-site hand-off meeting with you present prior to beginning construction to review the scope of work, site access, and introduce our Construction Manager who will be responsible for overseeing your project and schedule.
During the Construction Process, your Construction Manager will be managing and overseeing the day-to-day installation of various building systems, maintaining a high level of quality, safety, and cleanliness on the job site and in your home, and serving as a communications liaison between you and H & N Custom Homes.
During the construction phase, you will still have contact with your sales consultant and your designers will be working with you and our Construction Manager to ensure your project is a success.
Final Walk Through
When construction is almost complete, we will schedule our final walk-through meeting to make a detailed list of any remaining task. Our job is not complete until we have taken care of every item on the list and the area is ready to for you and your family’s enjoyment.
All labor shall be warrantied for a period of one (1) year from the date of your Certificate of Occupancy, and we will continue to be here for years to come.
H & N Custom Homes: Whole House Remodeling Like No Other
H & N Custom Homes in Barrington, New Jersey has been providing whole house remodeling for over 25 years. A locally owned and operated company, we are well-respected by the Barrington community for our attention to detail and professional standards. We care about our clients and we do every project with your best interests at heart.
What We Offer
“Love Your Home Again”is our motto. At H & N Custom Homes, we combine fine craftsmanship, fiscal responsibility and state-of-the-art technical know-how to deliver best results each time. Whatever the scope of the whole house remodeling project, our team of seasoned professionals provides exemplary construction management. We know how to bring your project in on budget and on time, ensuring you get precisely what you want and need and more.
At H & N Custom Homes, it is our honor to be let into your home. As such, our team will do everything we can to bring your dream home to life, turning your beautiful vision into reality. We are serious about ensuring your remodeling experience is satisfactory at all times so you can count on us to provide you with unparalleled communication, respect for your home, and support and follow up.
Considering a Whole House Remodeling Project? We can help!
For over two decades, H & N Custom Homes has been committed to customer satisfaction, offering nothing but the best products and services around to take care of your particular remodeling needs. Whatever you require, you will be provided with exceptional customer service, making the whole house remodeling process enjoyable for you.